Monday, September 15, 2008

So...Tiring is a word

Its only the 7th week of school and fatigue has already hit me. I can blame it at school, band, late nights on the internet (mainly myspace), or just simply the presence of LIFE. During summer my days were mostly revolved around waking up at 12:00PM, getting on myspace, eating breakfast at 1:00PM, getting on myspace, watch t.v., getting on myspace, and going to sleep. If you ask me, that is not a life. But don't get me wrong there were some fun days.
I learned today that there are many kind of cycles. Cycles made by man, forced cycles, natures cycle, and many more. Not having a life during the summer has been a cycle I have forced on myself for a couple of summers now. But now that I think about it, next summer is going to be my last official summer. Wow. But that's another blog. Going back on track, there are many cycles that cannot be changed. Sort of like ying and yang. How there has to be good in order for there to be evil. Right now my cycle is waking up, shower, dress up, maybe eat some breakfast, go to school, hang out with friends, go to band practice, make 100's of dirty jokes, go home, go on myspace, blog, eat dinner, do homework, take a late night shower, and go to sleep. Seems like that's a LIFE. A human made, forced, pretty natural in a humans eyes cycle. For now I'am just going to have to deal with it and try to finish this blog and go get some sleep.

Ive been listening to a DJ recently who suprisingly does'nt have a name starting with "DJ". His name is actually not even a name. To make it simple he goes by "Girl Talk". A electronica/hip-hop loving guy who mashes both with a dash and funk added to it. And let me say mashing is VERY different from sampling. But he does a great job at what he does.
His new album "Feed the Animals" has alot of recongnizable song from the present and past. You can check it out at his myspace.
www.myspace.com/girltalkmusic

No Pause- Girl Talk
One of my favorite tracks from the album.


Alexis told me today, "I check your blog to see if you post up any Erykah Badu". Well Alexis today is your lucky blog-day. Her newest album "New Amerykah Part One (4th World War)" is a multigenre album using its choosen genres to the fullest. Having many producers to complement her voice I got surprise when she got 9th Wonder to produce one her songs. The song is called "Honey" and is actually the first single. Here is the music video. Very clever concept.

-Samples Nancy Wilson's song "I'm in Love"
-As you can see the concept is spoofing albums. Such as De La Souls "3 Feet High and Rising", The Beatles "Let It Be" (I hate The Beatles), Nas "Illmatics", The Ohio Players "Honey", Diana Ross "Blue", Eric B. & Rakims "Paid In Full". and many others.

If you like my blog your going to be seeing alot about homes and interior design. make as much fun of me as you want but that is also considered art.
This house is located in Iporanga, Brazil. Another house I wont mind living in.

















Nice pad.

That will be all for today. Tomorrow i'll be doing my artist of the week and Alex got mad because I have'nt said his name in any of my recent blogs so there you go Alex. And Wensday is you last day anchoring, HA!. Check back tomorrow and ill see you guys around.

2 comments:

  1. Hey hey, that barely counts.
    And I thought my last day anchoring would be on Monday.

    SHENANIGANS
    D:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I am in love with that house....what I wouldn't give to live there....

    Thanks for the Badu : )

    -Alexsis

    ReplyDelete