Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Sleep Debt

Sleep. Marriam Webster defines it as-the natural periodic suspension of consciousness during which the powers of the body are restored. Or as I like to say, the only time of the day for yourself. Even though I learned in Mr. Reff's class that we don't "need" anything I still see it as an essential. With out sleep the body, mind, and spirit is weak. With a weak body, mind, and spirit the soul is weak. Also, it is known that with out sleep the immune system doesn't work like its suppose to. It is said that adults should get at least 8 hours of sleep. OK, lets see, the day only has 24 hours, say my day starts at 6:00AM. I get ready for school witch is 7:30AM-2:30PM. That is exactly 7 hours. Next on a usual day I have drumline practice from 3:00PM-4:00PM and after that we get something to eat. Having to come back for band practice we only have a few hours. Band practice is from 6:00PM-8:00PM. All that together is 5 hours, making it a total of 13 hours at school. Basically all of my day. Getting home I do homework, check myspace, blog, listen to some music, talk to mom, take a shower, and when I least know it its already 10:30PM. Leading me to go to sleep at 11:00PM almost everyday, only having 7 hours to sleep. DAMN!. Just an hour off. But hey, I have to say I'm pretty lucky because some people have it worst. So the cause of lack of sleep is time, but with out time what will we be, who will we be, or where will we be. No where.

Today is Tuesday witch means its Artist of the Week day. This weeks artist is James White from Nova Scotia, Canada. He is a mixed-media and graphic designer who has that kind 80's taste many Atari playing nerds would love. Take a look for yourself.












UK photographer Mike Stimpson recreates iconic pictures with Legos. Clever.





Last night Alexis said "I have no one to go to Hot Chip with". And I said "I ain't gots no dough". And she said "I'll pay" and I said "OK, only if I pay for Girl Talk when they come" and she said "Cool". So basically we ended up going. It was an awesome show, well except fot the opening act...Death Drums...who names themself that? Second performers were Vampire Weekend. I've heard of them but I wasnt familiar to their work. Seeing them live made me see how awesome they were. But when Hot Chip performed that was when it started going. Lights, synths, dance EVERYWHERE! Some cool college students were next to us and they were jammin' out. Seeing them I thought to myself "One day, I'm going to be a cool college student...". But overall, awesome.

And Tricia, I hope you come to school tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. I have an entry 4 "WHAT GRINDS DANIELS GEARS"
    When you go 2 the movies with a "FRIEND" who happens 2 be a girl that you have no interest in.
    And she thinks it happens 2 be a date and she expects you 2 pay for everything. So you pay just 2 be nice. And after its all over you don't have money 2 buy the
    new "KANYE WEST CD"

    ReplyDelete