Friday, January 1, 2010

Movie of the Year

File:Inglourious Basterds poster.jpg

Quentin Tarantino's Inglorious Basterds

Yes, I may be showing a little bias from choosing a movie from one of my favorite film director/producer/screenwriter of all time but it is seriously a great movie. From the obscure dialogue to the seeing Hitler get his face shot to pieces, it just calls for an almost perfect movie. But this movie reminds me more of the day I watched it than swastika covered Luftwaffe's. It was a rainy August afternoon when Chivo (Luis) and I made our way into the o' so cliché Harkins Theatre. The showing that we choose was booked and we were pretty lucky to find some seats. Upon waiting for the previews, not the movie, to start a couple more friends arrived. Now it was an event. Going through the previews and giving my opinion if the upcoming movie sucked or not, I could not wait to see the first glimpse of Tarantino's selection of font for his opening credits. Even though I already gave away the fact that Hitler got his face shot to pieces I do not like to be Mr. Spoiler Alert. Great actors, great acting, Brad Pitt, Tarantino's dark humor, Jews vs. Nazi's, guns, fire, great music, and the simple fact that it is Tarantino's first movie in almost 5 years but was still able to deliver a great performance made me give this movie a 4.8/5. There is no such thing as a 5/5 in the 21st century (I will discuss this in a later blog). Coming out of the theatre, the wet and dark Arizona night that anyone who is familiar with can be called an Arizonan reminded that I now have the ability to consider such great films part of my "teenage years".

Movies That Made My Decision Difficult-
Away We Go(Amazing movie. A good 2nd place.)
Up
Public Enemies
Julie & Julia
Food Inc.
The Hangover
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Movies That Made My Decision Easy-
New Moon
Even though I did not watch it, and I have not seen Twilight either, I already know I would blogged about how I wasted $8 to fund crap and how horrible it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment