Monday, October 20, 2008

I am Jacks...

Over this weekend I watched a movie heavily, and I mean heavily, recommended by Alexis. Fight Club. Like many non-watchers if this movie I thought this movie was mostly going to be about...fighting. Let me tell you now that the fighting part, just see it as a tool that the movie uses to accompaniment the plot of the movie. So again, the movie is not about fighting. I'll do a little analysis of the movie later in the week. There are still some missing puzzle pieces I feel that I need to find to get the broader picture to this movie. Otherwise it was a great, well joined, contemplative movie.

Ever taken those nostalgic child hood memories of Warner Bros. cartoon characters but give it a violent yet accurate twist to it. Sort of how it would it been if Tom & Jerry was aired on HBO. UK artist James Cauty makes an exact representation of this in his laterst exhibit "Splatter" in The Aquarium in London. You would think that a person would be sick minded to be doing this kind of things but really, like every artist I enjoy blogging about, he just rebelling against pop culture.








Designer duo Andrea Grossfuss and Olaf Kiessling have designed a plate that has a solution to everyday life. The plate comes with a handle that has a special hollow to hold your wine glass. See for yourself.




So I think I just "The Kitchen of the Cool People". The New 012 kitchen design from MK Style is entirely made up from 12mm thick Corian. Doors are opened with a groove that runs the length of each, lit by cold-light-producing LED's. Gaggenau electrical appliances are set within the Corian wall units, their modern stainless steel finish echoed by the table extension of the kitchen island. Freakin slick looking if you ask me.





That is all for today. I am going to conclude this night with downloading some Hip-Hop instrumental albums because it turns out I am not getting my MPC till December. Just going to suck up the luxury of others making beautiful head moving grooves. Till then, see you all this week.

1 comment:

  1. You know what's better than watching Fight Club?

    Not watching Fight Club.

    But I who am I to say that?

    ReplyDelete