Monday, November 9, 2009

The Count of Monte Cristo (The Sandwich)

We meet on Facebook and we later Skyped with each other, now it was time for me to invite her over for dinner. Her name was Clarissa. I know that she has a cat named Charlie, was born in Chicago, is getting her graduate degree in biology at the UofA, and is a fan of Jimmy John's sandwiches. (I got all of this information of her facebook page.) "Sandwiches..." I thought to myself. "I'll make her a Monte Cristo!" Each ingredient that goes into the Monte Cristo can represent something out of our future love life. The bread would represent the warmth and comfort that we will have with each other, the ham would be the flesh of our love, the chess is the cheesy jokes and games we'll play on each other, the eggs are the children that we would someday have, the milk would be the breast milk she is going to feed to our kids, the oregano will be our hot and spicy sex life, and the butter would represent our ability to slip away but yet stay combined, since butter is slippery and it brings the whole dish together. When she came over at 7:30PM, like we agreed, everything was running like I planned. The Peter Bjorn and John (her favorite band, also got that info of her facebook) was playing smoothly and the $5 wine tasted pretty good for being $5, but then again...what do I know about wine. As I began to prepare the dinner I started telling her about my ingredient analogies. She left after the ham one.

And if you would like to know what a Monte Cristo looks like:
















It's basically a ham and cheese sandwich but the bread is cooked in a way that it resembles French Toast. Pretty tasty if you ask me.

On another subject. Have you ever felt in love with a song that's in a foreign language. I find myself doing that a lot recently, especially with a song named "Dancer" by Tatsuro Yamashita. I know that Japanese rock has become popular here in American but what about Japanese funk! Check it out for yourself.



That's it for today. Now, off to the study books! (Textbooks...)

1 comment: