Thursday, February 18, 2010

Sex in the Seedy

This past summer I got to watch a great food documentary titled Food, Inc. Like most food documentaries, it's going to show you the nitty gritty of food processing. But there was one part of the movie that intrigued me the most, copyrighted soybeans. Yeah! You read it right! Copyrighted Soybeans. The fascination led me to do some research on the internet. (By the way, that's how most of my internet adventures begin.) While researching I came across these graphs. What the graphs basically show is what company owns what seed.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This one just explains the connections between private brands.
Photobucket

Amazing right? If you would like to see the bigger illustrations just go to this website: https://www.msu.edu/~howardp/organicindustry.html

And to close off, here's a song dedicated to Alex Molina.

1 comment:

  1. Okay I'd like to clarify something. I DID NOT MAKE EVERYTHING ALRIGHT ONE NIGHT. :|

    It's just a song. :)

    ReplyDelete